Friday 5 February 2010

Toffee shock

A friend just gave me a bar of chocolate that actually pops in your mouth. It's like having little bubble-wrap blisters popping in your head. Weird!

It reminded me of course of all the extraordinary sweets you get in books. First to mind for most people would probably be Rowling's leaping chocolate frogs, fizzing whizbees and cockroach clusters.

Does anyone remember another British author who wrote about amazing sweets? Yep, I'm talking about Enid Blyton of course. Who can forget her toffee shock? The unsuspecting victim pops the toffee in his or her mouth and finds that instead of getting smaller and smaller it gets bigger and bigger until finally it explodes. Or pop-biscuits which are delictions little biscuits that burst in your mouth leaving it filled with honey.

If you could invent a magical candy what would it be?

I found this site when I was looking for a picture for my post: the top 10 grossest candies!

Image: best-chocolate-recipes-online.com

No comments:

Post a Comment