Friday 16 March 2012

Meeting Mythil

I met a 10-year old called Mythil earlier this month and I was blown away at how strikingly like the character he was! Looks-wise they were almost identical. The Mythil I met also likes reading books and reads fast. He thinks a lot about stories and what goes into them. But there the similarity ends.
Whereas the Mythil in my book is a bit of a loner and an introvert the Mythil I met was a real live wire. He was leading the other boys in a series of experiments on a large fish in a glass tank. I think they were checking the fish's reaction time - much to its owner's dismay!
I think, that faced with the yaka on the tree this Mythil would not have run away. He would have climbed up the tree after the yaka - either chasing it away or cornering it to learn more about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment